Dreadnought is going public soon!

psst...hey you....yeah you....Wanna fly some Capships? Fire Nukes? Come join us, It's fun and it's FREE!
Forum rules
Did I just run over a fighter? Or was it just debris? Grrr bitch better not have scratched my paint....
Ghostrdr13

Dreadnought is going public soon!

Postby Ghostrdr13 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:19 pm

That's right, Dreadnought is going full "STEAM" ahead. (Pun intended)

It is officially moving out of public beta and going public via STEAM.

That means you will need the steam client to play. I could post a link to steam but then again you could just google it as well.... ;) :P
Add Dreadnought to your "wishlist" when there.

This release happens the end of this month! (End of Sept, early Oct at the latest)

This is the best time to join!

Anyone joining before release will get "Elite Status" (Makes leveling faster) for days after. (I forget how many, I think a week)
Also, the game has been selling "Founders Packs" during beta. (If you don't know what that is, go to the website and look it up)
These "Founders Packs" are going away just before release. So it's going to be "last call" soon!

I have mine and after release I will be giving out codes for "Recruitment Packs" that came with my Founders Pack. (That I scraped up the money to buy for an early birthday present to myself.) 8-)

I have 4 Recruitment Packs. First come first serve for those active in the game that wants one. (After Public Release)

You have been notified.

Kane

Re: Dreadnought is going public soon!

Postby Kane » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:03 am

godfuckingdamnit, I fucking hate Steam! motherfuckers. I just want to play the game, motherfuckers!.

Kane

Postby Kane » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:05 am

fuck it, I'm going to bed. Motherfucking Steam bullfuckinggoddamnshit. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! fuck them. fuck fuck. just give me a play button, motherfuckers!

Ghostrdr13

Postby Ghostrdr13 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:42 pm

Yeah bro, I been through that.

I see by the timestamp of your post you was trying to get on during their "pre-release" on steam. A testing phase where you needed a key.
I got one of those and played for hours before they restarted and went live.

Yeah, it is live now with no key needed. You need to uninstall the old game and steam will download and install the new one for you.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/835860/Dreadnought/
After install steam will link your steam account with the dread server. After that you will not need to do it again.

An icon will be on your desktop that you only need to double click and bang into the game server you go directly.
After that you will get a "press any key" and into the game you go.

Be warned, the games UI and the sounds especially will discombobulate you. It is totally different.

4 clicks to get into a match now!! :evil:
People are really pissed off! Me included.

Once in a match the game plays normally but the music is so goddamn loud! And the sound crackles and lags in a big fight.
I really needed to tweek that shit. Turned the music almost off.

They better fix this shit!

On the plus side you should have an unholy shit ton of elite status days now. Your old elite days plus a new months worth plus 7 days! 8-)

The population is getting larger now as new people try it out.
Vet is no more then 1 1/2 mins for me to get in (if not almost instant) and last night I tried recruit at 4:30am and it only took me a little over a minute to find a match. 8-)

But the new User Interface and the sounds....UGH....They need to fix that shit ASAP!! :evil: :evil:
People are losing their shit about it on the forums and I don't blame them.

See you ingame bro...(I hope)

Kane

Postby Kane » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:56 am

have I mentioned lately how much I hate Steam. oh lordy. frakkin hate Steam. Mooosfraaaba! mooooosfraaaaba...hoooooooo....I have high blood pressure damn it...ohhhh hate steam..motherf...

Kane

Postby Kane » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:24 am

wow..interface sucks big ol donkey balls. Steam sucks ass.

Ghostrdr13

Postby Ghostrdr13 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:17 am

Yeah I know bro.
I feel the same. Never used steam before, my reaction to steam itself is pretty much...meh. I don't notice it much when I log on. I only use it to play Dread. If it brings more players then I am ok with it. And I have noticed shorter que times in Vet matches.

As for the UI....It SUCKS!
I hate it! I don't use that term lightly, I really fucking HATE IT! :evil:

I miss the old UI so goddamn much.

The Dev that created it and the Suit that approved it should be FIRED.
A big step backwards. It looks and feels like a UI from a PS2 game.

But I am still playing though.

I plan on announcing our clan over there at some point. Maybe that will bring a little activity over here and give us some new people to squad with.

Return to “DREADNOUGHT”